Alliance Community’s COVID-19 Plan of Action
Latest Update: March 26, 2020
Alliance Community remains committed to being proactive in protecting the health of each of our residents and staff members. We also want to communicate with you as much as possible to assure you that every precaution possible is being taken on your behalf. In addition to the previous communications we have activated the following:
- All Chapel Worship Services and meetings are cancelled at this time.
- As of Friday, March 12, 2020 only essential personnel will be allowed into the ALF’s and Health & Rehab Center
- All gates for the Apartments will be closed. Only essential personnel are allowed in the apartment complex.
- All community provided transportation including shopping for residents is on hold until further notice.
- Guest Suite rentals are discontinued.
- ACRL recommends that Independent residents not attend any events and gatherings.
- ACRL recommends that residents and staff do not travel. If travel does take place residents and staff will be asked to self-quarantine themselves for 14 days.
- The Independent Living Dining Room will only provide meals to residents currently on a meal plan and they will be picked up and taken home for consumption.
- Additional precautions may be implemented as needed.
We will continue to monitor this situation very closely and will bring you further reports as necessary. We appreciate the support and understanding that you, our residents, have already shown as we maintain a proactive manner to help keep our community safe.
To Our Residents and Family Members
We know many of you are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and how it may impact us here at our facility. At this time, we do not have any cases of COVID-19 in the Facility. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have recommended a variety of steps that we are implementing to help reduce the potential for the virus to enter our building. At this time, we are requesting that family and friends DO NOT visit our Facility. Out of an abundance of caution, we are limiting access to our facility to essential personnel such as physicians, Hospice nurses, and other necessary health care personnel.
Please understand that you could be a carrier of the virus without any symptoms and entrance to our Facility could possibly cause an outbreak for our vulnerable population. We understand that connecting with your loved ones is incredibly important, and there are a variety of other ways you might consider communicating with them during this time. These may include telephone, email, text, video chat or social media. If you believe a visit to the Facility is absolutely necessary, we request that you contact the Administrator or Director of Nursing before your arrival.
Please make sure we have your most current, accurate emergency contact information. We want to make sure we efficiently communicate with you should there be any new developments. We will notify you if any residents or staff are diagnosed with COVID-19.
Should you have any questions feel free to contact our Facility directly at 386-734-6401. For additional information, please visit the CDC’s Coronavirus disease page.
We thank you for your efforts and assistance in keeping our residents safe.
General: 1-800-334-4133 or (386) 734-3481
Sales: (386) 736-1814
644 S. Woodland Blvd
DeLand, FL 32720
The Alliance Community is a not-for-profit ministry of the Christian and Missionary Alliance Foundation committed to honoring God and individuals the community serves by providing a comprehensive continuum of housing, health care and other supportive services which promote Christian fellowship and ministry, independence, dignity, wellness, and the highest quality of life.